Team members in the Man-a-Mile Relay are the very core of why the event exists. Since the beginning of the Man-a-Mile, the types of teams have changed from city vs city to school teams, to running clubs and corporate teams (to name a few), and the variety of trophies given for different categories reveal this. The sense of excitement and camaraderie in teams is obvious each year.
Here are a few things to note as requirements to be a participating runner/jogger in the event:
- There is a suggested team size of 14 people (each person runs one mile). The cost for each person is only $25 and if the team is fully registered by 09/22/2017 you all will get a t-shirt in your size.
- A signed waiver will be provided by the team leader and is needed to be completed to participate in the event.
- Each runner must be at their exchange point on time. The first set of runners at Fort George need to be there by 9 AM sharp.
- There will be refreshments (water/fruit) waiting for the runners at the finish line, however, please bring your own hydration (water etc) based on your own needs during participation.
- The anchor runner (last leg) needs to wear a numbered bib on the front of their shirt to assist with timing officials. This runner must return the baton to the timer.
- Please share the event and follow us on social to get the word out to your friends who might be interested!
- Any questions? Contact the Event Director here.